Location, climate, population and limits of San Isidro
Location The district of Miraflores, is located on the seafront in the south side of Lima about 8.5 kilometers from "Plaza de Armas".
Limits At the North District "Surquillo" and "San Isidro", south to "Barranco" district of the eastern district of Surquillo and "Santiago de Surco", and to the west by the Pacific Ocean.
Height It is located 79 meters above sea level.
Climate The average annual temperature is 18 degrees Celsius (64.4 F). The maximum temperature in summer months (January to March) can reach 30 degrees C (86 F) and the minimum at 12 ° C (53 F) in winter. The stations concerned, are a function of the high humidity that dominates the atmosphere of the capital.Weather in the city of Lima, which is located in the coastal strip, is a dry, with rainfall deficiency throughout the year; only light drizzles are between April and December, with an ambient atmospheric humidity. The sensations of heat or cold to be given according to the stations concerned are a function of the high humidity that dominates the atmosphere of the capital.
Lima and the Peruvian coast offers all the usual four seasons, summer, fall, winter and spring. But they are not well defined.
Average annual temperature
The following are the average daily temperature for Lima according to the seasons:
- Summer: January to March: 21-29 ° C (70 - 84 ° F).
- Fall: April to June: 17-27 ° C (63 - 81 ° F).
- Winter: July to September: 15-19 ° C (59 - 66 ° F).
- Spring: October to December: 16-24 ° C (61 - 75 ° F).
Weather from December to April:
- From January to April the solar brightness is mostly from the mid-morning
- Relative humidity during the night and early hours of the day fluctuating around 90%, decreasing to 70% at noon
- The highest temperatures occur in the month of February, reaching a monthly average of minimum 20 and maximum of 27 º
- It's sunny, hot and humid
- The traveler who visits Lima at this time of year should bring light clothes.
Weather from May to November:
- The cloud coverage is almost permanently day and night from June to September.
- Relative humidity during the night and early hours of the day fluctuating around 90%, decreasing to 80% at noon
- The lowest temperatures occur in August, reaching maximum temperatures average values of 19 º to 20 º and 14 º minimum, or 15th, this month is dominated sky during day and night, high humidity, frequent drizzles during the night and early hours a day and low temperatures, generally cloudy with a time in winter
- The months of spring and autumn (September, October and May) have mild temperatures ranging between 23 and 17 ° C.
- cloudy and mild to slightly cold in winter (June to September)
- The traveler should bring warm clothing such as sweaters or jackets.
Population According to the INEI (National Institute of Statistics and Information), Miraflores has a registered population of 86,778 inhabitants, according to the 1993 census. To this figure must be added a floating population of around 300 thousand people.
Surface Its length is 9.62 square kilometers and has a 200-mile
territorial sea. The city is divided into 817 blocks. Miraflores district Peruvian tourist, cultural, ecological, dynamic economic center, commercial and financial.